SSHA Event Coordination
The deadline to request support for events and guests for the Fall 2019 Semester was August 16, 2019.
Information about Spring 2020 Event Request Cycle is coming soon!
SSHA Events staff members are here to assist with arranging logistics for events including guest speakers, symposia and conferences. Event Support Requests must be submitted by the deadline in order to ensure your request can be supported.
Late Requests: If you are submitting a request after the deadline, please submit an Event Support Request Form and include a justification for the late request. If at any point you would like to organize an additional presentation or event, we would be happy to assist you; however, requests received after the deadline will be reviewed before approval taking into consideration capacity of workload, scope and date of the event
Due to large campus events, SSHA Events will not be accepting requests for event support on the following dates:
- Homecoming - October 19, 2019
- Bobcat Day - April 18, 2020
- Spring Commencement (dates TBD)
SSHA Event Staff:
Austyn Smith Jones
What services do we provide?
- Guest Services
- Travel Preparation (Flight, Hotel, Rental Car, Reimbursement), Parking on campus
- Space Reservation/Consultation
- Reserve space on and off campus
- Request Campus Services
- Facilities, Transportation and Parking Services, UCM Catering, Event Security & Public Safety, IT support
- Promotional Materials
- Simple flyer creation & on campus posting, Happenings announcements, swag ordering
- Special Request Processing
- Alcohol Permit, Exception to Policy Requests, Performer Contracts, Honorarium Payments
- Reimbursement Preparation
- Guest Travel Reimbursements & Faculty Entertainment Reimbursements
- Policy Consultation
- Review policies regarding events with organizers (Entertainment, Risk Management, Procurement, Travel, etc.)
- University-Wide Representation
- University Events Council, Homecoming & Bobcat Day