[For additional information regarding the Management program, please visit the new Management Website].
The Management minor at UC Merced provides an opportunity for students who are majoring in another field, such as the sciences or engineering, to learn the fundamental analytical and quantitative tools necessary for management decision-making. Students receive training in economic theory, statistics, accounting, and fields including human resources, strategy, finance, and organizational theory.
Program Learning Outcomes
Our faculty members work to prepare students for a holistic understanding of the knowledge and skills of the discipline. Upon completion of the degree, we expect students who major and minor in Management to demonstrate the following:
- Analyze and solve problems related to management from a holistic, multidisciplinary perspective.
- Apply theories and concepts from the discipline of Management and related fields (e.g. accounting, economics, statistics, finance, marketing, human resource management, strategy and business law) to management situations.
- Use effective written and oral communication consistent with the discipline and professional environments.
- Apply appropriate information technology to analyze and problem solve, develop business research, report key data, and recommend management strategies and actions.
- Evaluate ethical, social, and external issues as they relate to the organization, operations, human resources, and business ventures.
Student graduates from our program are currently engaging in graduate studies and careers. A few of these after-college endeavors are listed below.
Student graduates from the Management program are studying in a variety of programs including the University of California campuses at Berkeley and Davis.
Student graduates from the Management program are working in a variety of professional settings including accounting companies, foundations, professional sports teams, and regional-level community organizing agencies.