For the latest UC Merced news visit the UC Merced COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness website.
Bobcat Pantry: Weekly Pick-Up
- As we move to remote operations, please encourage students to complete the below Food Pick-up Form to schedule pick up of pre-packaged food boxes. We will work to secure additional toiletry items
- Location: TC 131 (Located by the Den)
- Food Pick-Up Form
- Moved to remote operations - students can email CalFreshoutreach@ucmerced.edu for any questions regarding the service. Our student staff will be monitoring emails and directing them to the Human Service Agency representative. HSA will reach out to students via phone only
- Application Sessions: Tuesdays & Wednesdays 10:30am-11:30am, 12:00pm-1:00pm, 1:30pm-2:30pm
- Our student staff is available to set up Zoom application assistance and presentations if needed. Please direct all communication/requests to CalFreshoutreach@ucmerced.edu
CARES Act funding for Student Aid
- Using the federal criteria and guidance, UC Merced established a work group to review principles and proposals for the disbursement of funds to UC Merced students. For additional information, visit CARES Act funding for Student Aid
Emergency Housing/Emergency Fund Crisis Support can be directed to the Dean of Students Office
- Rental assistance, temporary housing for homeless students (student also receives meal swipes to the Pavilion), transitional housing, grocery store giftcards, emergency funds, etc.)
- Dean of Students Emergency Funds and Emergency Housing
- The Feeding America nationwide network of food banks secures and distributes 4.3 billion meals each year through food pantries and meal programs throughout the United States and leads the nation to engage in the fight against hunger. Contact your local community food bank to find food.
- Link: https://www.feedingamerica.org/find-your-local-foodbank
- Every Saturday from 1:00-2:30PM free produce will be provided at 18th St. People’s Garden. Food availability will be on a first come, first serve basis
- PPEs and social distancing are required
- Please only take what is needed
- Address: 936 W 18th St.
- The Pantry also accepts monetary and food donations. Please contact Erin Meyer at firstname.lastname@example.org or (209)205-8102 to donate.
USDA Food Distribution: "Drive - Thru" Model
- Open to all students, staff and community members in need of food assistance! Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions
- Upcoming Dates: Friday, August 21st
- Time: 10:00am-2:00pm
- Location: Merced Community College (Parking Lot 2) - Off of G St.
UC Merced Services and Updates
- Campus Ready - Do Your Part For The Bobcat Community
- Financial Coaching Session
Are you feeling financial anxiety or stress? Let's come up with a financial action plan to help you succeed now, and in the future. Please contact Charah Coleman, Financial Wellness Coordinator for more information
- Graduate Division - Office Closed, But Still Available
- Office of the Registrar
- Service Adjustments - The Office of the Registrar is not offering in-person services at this time. This webpage lists all service adjustments that the Office of the Registrar has made as a result of COVID-19
- UC Merced COVID-19 Emergency Preparedness
- UC Merced Weekly Briefing from the Chancellor
- UC Merced Campus Ready/DoYourPart website
- UC Merced Student Success website
- Central Valley Mutual Aid: (submissions being reviewed currently)
A resource available for undocumented families and AB540 students who are not eligible for stimulus funds. Must be individuals, families, or households in the San Joaquin Valley counties whose main sources of income come from workers without access to stimulus checks, unemployment insurance, and many other relief efforts.
- Enterprise Car Rental: Enterprise Car Rental is lowering their age to rent a car from 21 to 18 and waiving the young renter fee for rentals until May 31st. If students need to get home and don't want to risk getting on a plane/train - this could help!
- Spectrum: Spectrum is offering 60 days free broadband and wifi to students. Anyone wanting to enroll for the free offer can call 1-844-488-8395
- UHAUL: UHAUL is offering free 30-day storage to any college student during this time (The free month applies to new customers with college IDs and is a limited-time offer subject to availability)
Last Updated: July 2020
Graduate Services Questions: Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.