Graduate Services Resources
Our mission is to support graduate students in navigating academic and administrative policies affecting their coursework, funding and research, while facilitating graduate program processes.
- Support graduate students in understanding and navigating resources and policies on campus to resolve common and individualized challenges;
- Support academic progress for graduate students;
- Facilitate the planning, creation and implementation of course offerings to meet student demand in collaboration with graduate programs;
- Support graduate students in their funding (teaching assistantships, graduate student researchers, fellowships, etc.); and
- Ensure that the admissions process for new graduate students into SSHA programs is smooth and transparent.
Services for Graduate Students
- Provide graduate students with information for progress to degree (i.e. resources, campus policies, school policies, etc.);
- Facilitate interventions as necessary with graduate students who show difficulty with completing coursework, teaching assistantship responsibilities and research expectations, including sending emails, holding meetings, recommending solutions, processing paperwork and collaborating with program faculty members;
- Coordinate teaching assistantships, graduate student research positions and fellowships, including pay cycles and summer instruction opportunities; and
- Coordinate the admissions process for new graduate students into SSHA programs, including contacting prospective students, sending acceptance correspondence, holding introductory meetings and linking new graduate students with SSHA and campus resources.
Services for Faculty Members
- Coordinate admissions processing in collaboration with Graduate Division; and
- Act as policy resource in coordination with Graduate Division.
- Graduate Division Forms
- Registrar Forms
- Course Request/Modification (campuswide)
- Petition to Appoint a Graduate Student as the Instructor of Record for Upper Division Undergraduate Courses
- Graduate Student - Travel Arrangements How To
- Graduate Student - Travel Connexxus Profile Setup
- Graduate Student - Travel Request How To
- Graduate Student TA/TF - Supplemental Assignment Memo
Graduate Services Staff:
Supporting: Interdisciplinary Humanities
Cell Phone: 209-382-4145
Office: COB1, Room 257
Supporting: Cognitive & Information Sciences, Economics, and Psychology
Cell Phone: 209-233-1146
Office: COB1, Room 231
Supporting: Political Science, Public Health and Sociology
Cell Phone: 209-355-8507
Office: COB1, Room 257
Last Updated: October 2019
Graduate Services Questions: Please contact email@example.com.