Office of Instructional Services
The Office of Instructional Services is committed to supporting the university’s mission of teaching, research and public service by providing optimal customer service to SSHA instructors. The Office strives to support pedagogy through instructional and curricular services tailored to instructor and student needs.
- Ensure the integrity of the confidential course-evaluation process through the creation, distribution, collection and return of course evaluation results.
- Clearly communicate the process by which textbook and desk copy requests are submitted and ensure that instructors receive requested desk copies in advance of each term.
- Manage School course offerings, in collaboration with faculty, SSHA Advising, and SSHA Administration, based on historical enrollments and actual student need to meet student demand.
- Facilitate the implementation of curricular changes for courses and academic programs.
- Facilitate clear communication in the areas of curriculum and instruction through collaboration with the SSHA Curriculum Committee, Office of the Registrar, Campus Book Store, instructors and UC Merced staff.
- Manage the course-evaluation process including distribution, collection and storage.
- Distribute textbook and desk copy-order process, maintain online desk copy request form, and provide desk copies based on instructor requests.
- Process course scheduling requests for new and existing courses in collaboration with faculty, the Office of the Registrar, the SSHA Advising Office, the SSHA Academic Personnel Office and SSHA administration.
- Track mid-term and final grade submissions, and facilitate student grade changes as needed.
- Support the SSHA Curriculum Committee through the scheduling of meetings, drafting of agendas and memos, recording of minutes, facilitation of full SSHA faculty votes, and dissemination of information from the Senate Office, etc. Manage annual update of SSHA sections of the UC Merced General Catalog. Routinely facilitate the process by which new and revised course requests (CRFs) are created, reviewed, assessed and implemented.
- Process the following student forms: Course Over-Enrollment and Independent Study.
- Provide instructors with training, maintenance and troubleshooting assistance for Scantron machines.
Instructional Services Staff:
Instructional Services Assistant
Last Updated: October 2019
Instructional Services Questions: Please email email@example.com.