SSHA Seminars and Events
NEW! Conference rooms and other non-academic spaces can now be reserved through EMS: https://uc-merced.emscloudservice.com
The deadline to request support for events and guests for the Fall 2019 Semester is August 16, 2019.
SSHA Events staff members are here to assist with arranging logistics for events including guest speakers, symposia and conferences. Event Support Requests must be submitted by the deadline in order to ensure your request can be supported.
If you are submitting a request after the deadline, please send your completed request with a justification to email@example.com, for review. This process is to ensure better service and prevent the planning and coordination of events from being interrupted by unexpected requests.
What kind of support can be requested?
- Travel arrangements including purchasing airfare, hotel accomodations, rental car reservations for guests
- On-campus room reservation coordination
- Off-campus space rental coordination
- Catering coordination (both from UCM Dining and other approved vendors)
- Event set up coordination through UCM Facilities
- Promotional material and distribution on campus and through UCM Happenings
- Entertainment meal reimbursement and guest travel reimbursement processing
- Coordination of purchasing materials and supplies for events
Before submitting a request, try to think about the questions below:
- Who: Who is attending the event and who is speaking/visiting for this event?
- What: What kind of services will you need?
- Where: Where will this event take place?
- When: What is the date and time of your event?
- Why: Why is this event beneficial to the University?
- How: How are these services and expenses being paid for (i.e. where is the funding coming from)?
Quick Reference Links:
SSHA Seminars & Events – Frequently Asked Questions
I missed the deadline for Event Support Requests, how do I get support for my event?
SSHA Seminars & Events will do our best to accommodate requests received after our deadline. Please submit the Event Request Form and include a justification for submitting the event late; these will be reviewed by the Senior Assistant Dean to determine if SSHA Events staff can support the event based on timeline, complexity and current workload.
Where do I get funding to host an event?
There are many different types of funding sources on our campus from different research centers, Dean’s offices, campus initiatives and departmental funding. SSHA Seminars & Events does not handle funding requests and our support request form is not used in lieu of a funding request to any other funding source.
How do I reserve a parking space for a guest on campus?
Please complete the Event Support Request Form and our staff would be happy to help reserve parking for guests on campus; please note our deadline for event requests.
How do I place a catering order with UCM Lakeside Dining?
If you’d like SSHA Staff to assist, please submit the Event Support Request Form with your catering request information; please note our deadlines for event requests.
How do I place a catering order with an off-campus vendor?
If you’d like SSHA Staff to assist, please submit the Event Support Request Form with your catering request information; please note our deadlines for event requests. Outside catering vendors are required to be an approved UC Merced Vendor; our staff can help to determine if a vendor is approved or not, and assist in adding new approved vendors.
If you’ve missed the deadline for events and do not wish to submit an Event Support Request form, you may submit a Service Now ticket to ACT for your outside vendor catering request.
What local hotels are recommended for guests?
We work closely and most often with Bear Creek Inn, Serenity Gardens B&B and the Courtyard Marriott Merced. Each of these has their own UC rate for guests.