The School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts Curriculum Committee (SSHA CC) serves as the faculty Senate body that exercises curricular authority specified in the SSHA Bylaws on matters related to undergraduate curriculum within the School of Social Sciences, Humanities and Arts.
The SSHA CC also advises the school's dean on matters related to curriculum and associated policies and procedures.
SSHA Curriculum Committee Deadlines for Undergraduate Academic Programs & Courses
1. Fall deadline for all undergraduate CRFs (new and revised) effective the following Spring and Summer terms: June 30, 2018 (UGC Deadline = September 17)
2. Spring deadline for all undergraduate CRFs (new and revised) effective the following Fall term: January 1, 2019 (UGC Deadline = January 22)
3. Deadline for degree program proposals effective Fall 2020: November 1, 2018 (UGC Deadline = January 22)
4. Deadline for catalog changes effective the following Fall term: January 1, 2018 (UGC Deadline = March 1)
Our campus has implemented Curriculog, a Curriculum Management System, which facilitates a streamlined submission and approval process for all undergraduate and graduate courses, both new and revised, as a basis for the campus catalog. SSHA Curriculum Committee has established internal deadlines to ensure sufficient time for the course proposals to meet the abovementioned UGC deadlines; they are listed as a part of the SSHA Course Proposal (CRF) Flow Chart. The following links will aid in course creation and revision, as well as navigating the system; to set up a one-on-one training session, please contact Angela Dixon, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a Proposal
- Navigating Complex Proposals in Curriculog
- Navigating Curriculog
- Make a Decision on a Proposal
Resources for Course Proposals/Revisions
- Course Proposal/CRF Style Guide
- Curriculum Committee Policies and Procedures
- Distance or Blended Course Approval Requests: Supplemental Questions
- General Education Program Learning Outcomes
- Procedures and Policies for Approval of New Undergraduate Courses and Undergraduate Course Changes
- Undergraduate Council Deadlines
- Review and Approval of Undergraduate Degree Programs
- Procedures and Policies for Establishment or Revision of Academic Degree Programs
Undergraduate Council (UGC) establishes policy for undergraduate education on the Merced campus and advises the Chancellor or Chancellor’s designee on all matters pertaining to undergraduate education. UGC reviews, coordinates, and takes final action on all matters relating to courses of undergraduate instruction and approves or declines to approve, the establishment, discontinuation, or modification of undergraduate programs, majors, minors, courses, and certificates