Course Scheduling Guidelines
The process of course scheduling is a collaborative effort between The Office of the Registrar, SSHA Department Chairs, and SSHA's Course Scheduler.
- All SSHA scheduling requests are submitted to the SSHA Course Scheduler by the Department Chair.
- Class meeting times requested must match hours approved in the Course Proposals (CRFs)
- Courses are scheduled based on Office of the Registrar's General Assignment Classroom Scheduling Guidelines.
- Classes that meet using standard time patterns are given priority over those using non-standard patterns. Classes with specialized pedagogical design are given appropriate consideration.
- The final exam schedule is available on the course schedule at the Office of the Registrar's website. When viewing this site, please be sure to select the current term and "All Classes" as the website defaults to the following term and "Open Classes Only". If you do NOT plan to utilize your final exam period(s), please email email@example.com at your earliest convenience.
- Courses can be created/revised via Curriculog, our course management system. Please visit our Undergraduate Curriculum Support page for additional details.
- If a department plans for a course to be taught by a graduate student, then there are certain requirements that must be met, depending on whether it is a lower division or upper division course.
Additional Scheduling Resources
- Classroom Reservation Requests (for events NOT for course scheduling)
- General Assignment Classroom Scheduling Guidelines
- Room Max Capacities
- Summer Schedule Patterns
- UC Merced General Catalog
- Graduate Instructor of Record Workflow
Four Year Major Plans